Healthy Pumpkin Spice Latte
With fall comes everything pumpkin spice! Unfortunately, lots of the yummy treats and drinks out there are packed with refined sugar and seriously lacking in nutrients. Don't get me wrong - it's totally fine to indulge in these treats once in awhile, but if you're looking for something to enjoy a little more regularly, check out this recipe for my Healthy Pumpkin Spice Latte!
Step 1 - pick your favourite mug
Step 2 - fill half the mug with non-dairy milk, and the other half with water, then transfer everything to a small saucepan and heat on the stovetop until it reaches a low boil
Step 3 - blend the hot water and nut milk mixture with the following ingredients:
- 1.5 tbsp coconut butter
- 1-2 servings collagen (great for hair, skin, nail and gut health, and makes the latte nice and foamy)
- 2 tbsp pumpkin puree (great source of vitamin A - ensure this has no sugar added)
- 1 tsp maca powder (optional - great for boosting mood and energy, and tastes great in this drink)
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 tsp organic cinnamon (I use organic, as cinnamon is one of the most heavily sprayed spices)
- 1/2 tsp turmeric (optional - if you add this, also include a dash of black pepper so your body can better absorb it)
- liquid stevia or other sweetener of choice (optional)
Once blended, pour into your mug, top with more cinnamon and/or pumpkin pie spice if desired, and enjoy! I've been having these a couple of times a week while curled up with a good book, or wrapped in a blanket sitting on my deck - they really hit the spot, and are full of warming spices and nourishing ingredients to keep you balanced and healthy during these cold autumn days.